Got it Gene thanks 👍 so about a month ago when I called and very politely told them that it was leaking extremely badly and not just a little bit that could be filled with more sealant they were polite and said they would redo it and I told him I would pay for the new gasket because I don’t want to be unreasonable and I know it’s an old truck. I told him I would call after I removed the windshield again and cleaned everything very thoroughly. I don’t expect them to do the grunt work just the skilled work. They said they could get the new gasket no problem and would have it on hand. A week ago I called and said I finally have everything ready windshield out everything clean and ready for new install and reminded the person they were to have the new gasket and the lock strip that I would pay for. No problem and we set up appointment for today. One guy shows up early 20s not a lot of experience and is surprised to see the glass out in the gasket out as well and knows nothing about a new install thinks he’s here to squirt a little more sealant to stop a leak and be gone. Then he called shop and they say poops no we can’t get the gasket customer needs to order a new one. What has happened to businesses?! Thanks to everyone for all the answers so that I am not completely ignorant as I was when I started into this.

Facts are stubborn things.