I began pulling out the brand new seal yesterday. It's actually coming out easier than I expected. First I just pulled out the lock strip, which came out very easily and in one or two pieces. Then I took a razor blade and cut all along the glass at an angle and pushing down hard, and was able to pull away the strip that was against the glass. The portion against the body then pulled up fairly easily, leaving behind some sealant that's still pliable and I could kind of roll it up into a ball with my fingers. It's been a few weeks so I was surprised it would still roll up like that.

Anyway, I started to wonder this; The channel for the glass on the body of my truck looks the same (basically) as the channel on my '89 Diplomat that takes no rubber seal. It just uses sealant, and the glass goes right to the sealant and dries, then molding covers that. Can I just skip the gasket/seal on the truck, and do just like the cars with no gasket seal? Granted, might look a little weird without molding covering, but I could come up with something to cover it, and maybe this would be much simpler and better?

Facts are stubborn things.