Originally Posted by mopar dave
How is your Hemi combo running? Does Modern sell heads or are they just a machine/head shop?

Dave,
I think it runs good. It was meant to be street driven and pump gas friendly and it is. It runs 5.98s at 115.43 consistently @ different strips on different days with a Indy 426-2 and 4150 Race Demon RS carb. I switched to a 426-3 and a Holley Gen 3 Ultra Dominator . Out of the box pass for a base line was disappointing 6.02 @ 115.73 It was way rich,and I didn't get another pass in. So, since then I have been into the Dominator and improved it but no strip data. I do believe it is stronger. I have never had this engine on a dyno and I don't think I have optimized the ET potential of the car with only 15 runs total. It probably could use a higher stall converter for example. But, it is a lot of fun at a cruise . I think the Ray Barton intake is what I need for a next step up in power. But, I don't have room for it using an air filter.
I don't know if Modern sells the Stage V heads . I bought mine and sent the heads to Jeff K. (RIP) @ Modern back in 2009. https://www.moderncylinderhead.com/index.html The cam used is a solid roller for street / strip use from Dwayne Porter. I will provide specs if you want them?
The crank and rods are from K1 Tech. I believe that was just before Tom Molnar left K1 and went on his own ? 7.100 rods 4.5 X 4.5. bore and stroke . The CP pistons are from FHO 10.5 to 1.
I am curious what Bill Mitchell changed for upgrades to the World block. ?
I have really enjoyed this Hemi . I am glad that I went that route.

Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019