Originally Posted by mopar dave
For a long time i have had a dream of building a Hemi for my A body. I don't know much about Hemi's except they cost a lot. 572 street/strip deal. This will be a long term project, but want to get the block and heads right away and collect the rest of the parts over time. Looking at two blocks, Bill Mitchell aluminum block 4.590x10.72 and the other the Indy Maxx aluminum block. The Indy is available in 4.500x9.980 also. Not sure which will be easier to fit my A body, but the short deck might be the ticket. Right now just curious to the quality of these 2 blocks and work need before assembly? Looks like the BM block comes with bushed lifter bores and is a little easier on the wallet than the Indy. Just looking for some opinions for now. Thanks

Instead of doing all that work (and spending all that money) why not just buy an aluminum block for your wedge motor? You'll be able to build a 572 wedge for a lot less money and it will fit easier in an A body. Just upgrade the short block and then slide it in there over the winter.