Originally Posted by mopar dave
Yes, but i'm hearing that some had moved their steering box or the pass inner fender skirt needs modifying . Did the 68ss cars have inner fender skirts? I have a ton of questions on fitment and block pros and cons.

The passenger inner fenderwell/shock tower area has to be modified in order to get the valve cover off. If you just mock up the engine and heads in the car, the VC will come off fine, when you add the rocker stands, shafts and rockers, you have to lift the cover off pretty straight and this is where the inner fenderwell becomes a problem. The VC will hit it before you can get it over the valvetrain. The master cylinder is typically offset, there are adapters for this and the MC uses flexible hoses - you have to remove the MC to remove the drivers VC. Another thing is that you have to shorten the jacket on the steering column or it will hit the head. This is pretty easy, remove the jacket, cut it off shorter, add a new hole for the bearing and re-assemble. These cars originally had spacers between the K-frame and the frame to lower the engine - you will have to check and modify for correct bump steer as lowering the K frame throws the steering geometry off. If you are using a motor plate, I would remove the motor mount brackets from the K-frame for more header clearance and oil pump clearance, especially if you are running a dual line system.