Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by 11secdart
My wife works in the health care field its not just car insurance companies that don't want to pay health insurance companies are just as bad: clerks deciding which treatment and medication is best and covered for a patient with no medical training. She is on the phone for hours trying to find out if a patients diagnoses and treatment is covered.

I once had a claim denied after it had been approved, and after I'd already had the surgery. Got a bill for $25k. Took me 3 months of wrangling to get it fixed, but ultimately, insurance paid the bill. Part of the screw up was the surgeon's office staff, part was the insurance company.

Went through this with my ex, after a fight to get them to approve the surgery, they denied it after it was done. Didn't matter that they authorized it prior to the procedure. F'ing scum sucking crooks, everyone of them.

Surgeon's office used a nearly identical, but slightly different CPT code when they billed than what insurance had pre-approved. I called insurance, they agreed that the code approved and the code billed were essentially the same procedure, but asked the surgeon to resubmit with the approved code instead. Surgeon did so, insurance denied again, but couldn't tell me why. Round and round it went.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP