Originally Posted by Twostick

Or they walked into their dealer and got the we haven't had those for years response from some barely functional parts dept dweeb...

Kevin

If a customer can provide a part number, even a "first day on the job" rookie counterman is usually trained to punch it into Dealer Connect, which shows pdc stock nationwide.

TBH most Dealer Countermen are not very aware of parts like that, at all, because there
is no reason for them to care much. They are too busy repairing regular everyday vehicles, where the majority of their income lies.

(Not coincidentally, Dealer Connect was also the same system I used, because I got no training on the internal green screens, RUMBA, CLIMS and all that.
which was infuriating. I could fumble around and get lost on the internal screens but in that world I was less than barely functional myself).

Alot of folks would order from Jegs/Summit/places like that, which was interesting because the sales rep had no access to Dealer Connect, only
Purchasing folks had that access. So alot of times, they would sit on the order for 3-4 weeks until Purchasing got around to looking at it.
Then after paying retail + tax, they paid extra for truck freight shipping......Wheras the Dealership charged nothing for shipping as long as you
come pick it up at the dealer.

Seems like anyone who sells Callies should be able to get it which is cool, but not sure if Mopar is out of the loop from a distribution standpoint....
I'm assuming that is probably the case, in spite of the number on the package.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri