I was on the hunt for an aftermarket block for close to 4 years. Because I’m from Canada I was looking to find something already on my side of the border. Not an easy task. And when you do find, not cheap either.
I first found an old World aluminum that had never been built before. It is still currently at the machine shop and I hope to have it on the dyno by March this year.
I know it took lots of machine work to make correct. It was very rough but fixable according to the machine shop.
A few months later I fell into an Indy block. A fully assembled motor that I scooped up.
Since I already was quite deep into the World block project, I decided to sell the Indy.
A fellow racer offered me enough $ to part with it. Hope in the long run I didn’t make a mistake.
Figured that the World should last a very long time and that if I am ever in need do the road, hopefully the supply of either KB, BMP or Indy is more available than it is now.
With Callies in the mix now as well. That is a good thing.

But I want to see an actual constant supply rather than the hit and miss that has been happening for a very long time.

1971 Plum Crazy Super Bee. 572 World Aluminum block with a Cope 727 & Dana 4.10 out back. 9.88 @ 138 with a 1.35 60 NA. Dialed back to 10.0’s. 4000 lbs with me in it.