I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say some folks commenting here have not ever built an all out Mopar piece, nor a BBC let alone both. The cost of the block is the only thing that is a tad more money the rest of the parts new are basically the same price. Switch to aluminum blocks and that narrows even more. The issue is going to be availability of the parts, vendors and the options one has. Having done both and owned both the ultimate power potential for the BBC is higher than an equivalent Mopar. But that has more to do with the potential bore size and stroke you can shove in a stock 4.84" BS Chevy VS a Mopar, and the options of available heads out there. You can get a stock bore space Chevy over 700", if you were so inclined and they actually have heads that can support that size engine and make power. Again the limitation is the available choices out there. I'm talking NA stuff of course, although the parts choices would also be true for serious nitrous guys I suspect.

Yes the price of the new Callies/Energy/MP block is more than double the Chevy block. Seems many here would complain if it were $3500, or even $3000. Seems to be a common issue with "mopar" guys, and yet they wonder why we don't have as many options as the other brands do. Yep its a stiff price tag. Hopefully the see some sales to make their investment worthwhile and maybe will offer more options and lower the price. I am skeptical that will happen as it has not in the past. Like Jim said for the price for me I would be inclined to go with aluminum but that's usually my direction now. I sold my last mega block in 2015 and have not looked back, well much anyway.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"