Typically Chrysler throws tooling right in the garbage when they are done with it.

The tools to make these blocks cheated death/a licensing fee is being paid to Chrysler for someone else to use the tool and sell the parts.

This is a very, very rare situation and we're kind of lucky it's happening.
Sure Things could be better, but they could much more easily be worse.

Originally Posted by maximus
I thought it was said to have a Mopar part number on the Callies blocks. Does anybody know if they will be sold over the counter at the Mopar Dealerships?

My understanding is: for the licensing deal to happen, the very first step was all the Mopar Performance numbers had to be NS1'd/discontinued.

I think they went ahead and did that, just due to the lack of desire to manage anything like that anymore.
Although it is possible for NS1 parts to be reinstated (I've seen it twice that I can remember),
I'd be really shocked if any of them came back through MP.

We would need to draw a line between casting numbers, and part numbers also.

I am kind of a Geek so I will be looking for the Dalton foundry mark and the same old P5153843 casting number as in 2008.
Unless they changed the insert out on the tool or grind the numbers off the block, there is no reason why
the Mopar name or the casting number shouldn't be on the block, even though the Mopar marketing part numbers are gone now.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri