I have been working a lot and been trying to finish PITA job of replacing wiper linkage grommets and then put the linkage back on, clock the motor just right and attach to motor. I got it all back together, and wiper motor worked for a second then stopped. Now it's working intermittently (not in the way intermittent wipers are supposed to). I played with harness, cleaned connections, jiggled wires and tapped on motor with hammer. Only once did the motor start up again, and that was when jiggling wires. I'm wondering if wiper motor is the issue. I did pull that fuse when doing the testing so it should have dropped the amp draw on meter then, but I guess the draw could be intermittent. So next is fiddle with that motor and see if disconnecting changes draw, and still need to test alternator.

Remember, '89 Diplomat so not any modules to go to sleep. Also I did disconnect the FiTech power when testing the first time. I disconnected dome light plunger the first time testing, drivers door open, me at fuses, my brother at battery.

And I will be pulling the dash soon anyway to access front speakers, and I'll follow the spotlight wire and disconnect where I can.

Facts are stubborn things.