Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Been wondering if I have a parasitic draw or battery going bad in my Diplomat AHB. Battery runs down way to quick after sitting just a week to ten days in the garage. It's a big Interstate just over three years old. I finally got around to pulling negative cable and checking with multi-meter, and shows 60 milliamps. I thought this was kind of a lot, but wasn't sure, so I pulled every single fuse, and NO change.

Battery going bad? Am I missing something? I pulled every fuse. Is 60 Ma unusual necessarily?

Thanks.

Larry

Yessir and that will drain a good battery. If pulling the fues didn't identify the culprit then it is something likely connected all the time, IE: alternator as suggested, starter, starter relay (doubtful), ignition switch or wiring in the column. Has to be something that is non fused (box wise) and connected to the battery when the switch is off. I had one that drove us nuts for a bit, it was the clock motor that wound the spring. The clock didn't work so I didn't think to looks at it. However the points that open when the spring is wound were stuck shut thereby energizing the clock motor 24/7. Can't remeber the draw but it was 30ma + I think, Happy hunting and do keep up posted beer)
Thanks for reply. I'm going to first try disconnecting alternator. Hope that's it, because I actually have a spare taking up room.

Facts are stubborn things.