Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
I’m sure it’s been said, but you also want to feel around for anything warm, especially under the dash.
Actually, I don't recall reading that. I'll feel around when I take dash pad and lower panels off. Feel the alternator for warmth was suggested.

I've had the car for many, many years and the problem just started within the last year or so, so anything left energized should've presented itself already (I would think). Wig wag headlights are still connected and I already eliminated those when I did testing. There's a connecter ((not just wires) hanging right under front bumper that was probably lights or siren. I can check that for energy too but it's been there from day one. I've never followed it all the way back. I just cable tied it up years ago.

The clock is built into stock radio and that draw has got to be so minimal. One thing I've been thinking about is that it is one of the first air bag cars. I'm sure that's fused, and I pulled every fuse. Just trying to think if that could be the issue. "Air bag" light does come on while it inflates for ten seconds or so when car is started. I really just need to get back to testing alternator, then pulling dash before I speculate more I guess.

Facts are stubborn things.