Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by gtx6970
My new toy went out last night for the 1st cruise under my ownership.
1966 Satellite hemi auto 3.54 dana

And I feel the car runs a little warmer than I would prefer. right at half way up the stock gauge on the interstate. But once in stop and go traffic it warmed up a little more then I would prefer,. it,,went nearly to the top of the gauge. and spit out some coolant once parked .
The ride back home on the interstate it remained in the center of the gauge the entire drive. That I think I can live with .

I have to find out what thermostat is in it .
Car is a street hemi, auto, approx. a 18" fixed blade fan , stock radiator and shroud. the OE rad had a new 3 row core done when the car was done. But has only had maybe 1000 miles on it in 15 plus years.
I don't know yet if the block is bored or not. SO I need to do some digging. before getting to radical.
BUT, ,,,,,

My questions is, has anyone used the stuff called water wetter , results good or bad .
If I can cool it off maybe 20 degrees I would feel much better . The weather last nite was nice upper 80s for the drive up and maybe lower 80s for the drive home

If it cools fine on the freeway but not at low speed then it is probably an airflow issue. Might need a fan with more blades or perhaps the position of the fan inside the shroud needs to be fixed. Also a good idea to verify that the radiator is in good shape. If the car has been sitting a lot then the radiator core could have some plugged up passages. Cars that sit a lot develop lots of little problems like that.
rite there --- ^^^^^^^