Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Do I understand that you are making decisions based on the stock gauge with an unknown source sender?

Yes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and NO

its based partly on 25 plus years as a service tech. The car was warmer than normal 180- 200 degree range, Im sure of that. At normal temps I can hold the upper rad hose , last nite I couldnt for more than a few seconds at most . At normal temps the system does not gurgle/ feel likes its boiling inside the hose
So Actual live temps I dont know. Just yet. I will pick up a laser temp gun on monday to ck temps at various locations underhood

The car has sat for the most part the past 15 plus year or more. Its had less than 1000 miles put on it since completed in 2004 . So I will drain/flush coolant , ck / replace the thermostat and refill with with distilled water with maybe a little bit of coolant for WP lubricity if nothing else
the temp sender was nos mopar when installed, the gauge is the original I believe. The radiator was re-cored with a new 3 row core at the same time. So I have serious doubts its a problem, BUT I plan to ck it anyway