Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by 360view
Since you went from 50/50 coolant mix to nearly straight water with chemical wetter,
that has an effect like having a 30% gpm pump boost,
due to the greater thermal capacity of straight water.

To me that indicates the system is “airflow limited” not liquid & pump side limited.

I would now boost airflow somehow to further test.

Start by blowing more air on the parked stationary vehicle with a large electric floor fan or leaf blower.

If this added boost of airflow lowers the liquid temperature down to the 180 degree setting of the thermostat,
then try a larger diameter fan, or a same diameter fan with more blades and/or pitch.

My thoughts as well.

The thing is it runs about same place on the gauge driving down the road at 55 mph

I cant get the idea out of my head that the fan blade is to small for the shroud opening. and/or not enough blade pitch The cars Ive had in the past you could really feel suction in front of the radiator at idle . This one IMO doesnt pull like I think it should/could. And it doesnt really help much when i bring it up off idle

Also, base timing was almost 18-19 degrees , I bumped that down to about 15 to see if it had any effect , So far nuttin

I would say it needs more initial timing, try 22 to 25 , helps to get the heat off the cylinder walls & go out the exhaust valve

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5