Im reasonably sure the heater core is original, raising pressure is IMO a gamble, One Im not sure Im willing to take . At least not until all else has been exhausted

But, yes some kind of overflow bottle is most definitely in its future . Did some online reviews last nite and it seems this stuff called purple ice is a better option

here is where I think I will try 1st.

Drain and flush the entire system, refill with distilled water .Will ck thermostat operation and temp rating ( potentially replace it it nothing else but to change temp ,,,1st up switch to maybe a 180 ) and add a bottle of this Ice stuff .

Ck for cold spots in the rad with a temp gun at same time . Then see if or where i need to go from there .

Anyone know if a slightly larger diam fan blade is avail for a non fan clutch mounting ?

EDIT,
From reading reviews the overwhelming comment Ive found so far for ANY of these wetter additives is they seem to have a very minimal effect if any to a mixture with coolant. But seem to help anywhere from 5 to sometimes 20 degrees drop if using straight distilled water