Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by GY3
Originally Posted by justinp61
^^This^^ My local track runs a street car shoot out type deal about once a month and there are a bunch of boosted cars and trucks there. It seems most are running turbos on LS engines, although there are some fast blown Mustangs and Camaros that run it. Until the race really took off a couple years ago I did pretty well with my n/a small block but these guys are really getting a handle on the turbos and their chassis now and I'm pretty much fodder. If they have a n/a class I do pretty well and hurt the big block guy feelings quite often. LOL

The tech some of these guys have is amazing. We recently entered a true street radial tire heads up class. 200 treadwear or better (might as well call it 400 treadwear). I figured low 11's or high tens would have them covered as it required the car to be stock interior, no fiberglass, no tubs, etc. and do a 20 mile drive. Traction was going to be the limiting factor so we weighted up the trunk and did some second gear launches.

The car that impressed the most was a late model awd Audi that had nice aftermarket wheels and looked lowered a little. Dude ripped off a 10.17! A TESLA was pretty close running in the mid 10's

Josh King, his Duster is ALL STEEL, bumpers hood etc...all steel. 3480lbs and he has been 4.70's ...... AFTER a 30 mile cruise ! ! (yes on a 315 radial but still thats a fast street car)

This was stock suspension as well. No backhalf, no ladder bars, etc. Daily driver class. Limited to 275/60/15 tire.

Last edited by GY3; 11/16/20 02:24 PM.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.