Originally Posted by ab7fh
Originally Posted by viperblue72

Very nice build. Is the times in your signature with this motor?

Sort of. I made some big changes since I put the ET in my signature. Our local track closed so I retuned the engine to run on pump gas. I went from 13:1 compression to 10.5:1 while at the same time ditching my OOTB Stealth heads for a set of TF 270s and the deep port matched intake. Cam is the same, but advanced 4 degrees at the recommendation of Bob George. The old combo would hit a wall at about 5500 rpm. The Stealth heads just wouldn't let the 512 breath past that. I have hit 7000 rpm with the new combo and it was just singing along. Not sure when I'll be taking it to the track to see what it will do. I have no doubt the car will now be in the 9s so I hope I can get one really good pass in before they kick me off the track for not having all of the "stuff" needed to run 9s legally. I'm done racing since I moved to this rural community specifically for it's race track. It's just going to be a fun street/show car now.

I like that story. Moved to a rural area just for the track and now you're done racing. Funny how stuff works out sometimes. I understand completely.