Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by mopar dave
My book shows 3.73 gear as being best starting line ratio with 4.25 stroke, 28' tire and 3400# for my car.

3.73 probably would be a good ratio with a 28 inch tire. I decided that 3.90 was the best ratio for my Duster but I have a 29.5 inch tire in it.

andy, isn't your duster an automatic ? if so, what converter do you have ? TIA as always. bow
beer

10 inch street converter from Turbo Action. Part number is 17805ST-17022. You would have to call them to confirm exactly what it is and if it would work for you. Paul described it to me as the tightest 10 inch converter they build for Pro Street type cars. It is the only converter I've run in my Duster so I don't have any other data points. This one seems to work just like Paul told me it would. It is loose enough that the car idles down and it doesn't push against the brake at stop lights, but it only slips about 4 or 5% at freeway speeds. I don't know how much it will slip in high gear at the track since I haven't made any passes yet. It slips a lot when you go WOT from a standing start but it starts to catch up as you go down the road. I just don't know how long it has to go before it catches up at WOT in high gear.