Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
I've been using Isky Red Zone solid roller lifters and have been very happy. Mine are the older ones (bought in 2006) w/ needle bearings, but have been flawless for years. They now have them w/ solid bushings...which is what I'll use next. Actually they can retrofit my current lifters to use bushings.

As for the not for street use comment, I don't believe that. My KB block doesn't have oiling to the lifters...the lifters only get splash and drainback oiling. Some would say that won't work on the street either. Been like that since 2006 and no problems at all.

Like you mentioned, if you only have splash oiling then needle bearings are probably better than bushed, as I understand

Originally Posted by LAD 524
Isky Red Zone Extreme bushed rollers in mine, .730" net lift, 700lbs open,......lash never changes. Idling at 1100 - 1200 for oil splash.

Oil is changed 2x per year, depending on the cars use; clean oil is supposed to be the mail thing to stay on top of with a bushed lifter. I have another near new set of the Isky Red Zones with needle rollers with little dyno use only - I might send them to Isky for conversion, I wonder if there is a contact for this, hmmm.

So far, so good up

How many street miles are people putting on these? Since August I have about 2800 miles on Comp 96829B, so far so good drive

440, 4-Speed, 3.54
1968, when Dinosaurs ruled the Earth