Just did a little research on the bushed lifters. Isky says they've developed a proprietary bushing material since that has always been an issue having the bushing stand up to the abuse.
Another company uses different material depending on the spring pressures that will be used.
Some claim they'll last longer than needle bearing lifters.

The consensus is that bushed lifters will give you more warning when they are about to fail by opening up the lash. Whereas the needle bearing lifters are more prone to fail w/o warning.
Also the bushed lifter doesn't send shrapnel throughout the engine when it does fail.

B/c of the need for the oil to be in the bushing, I'm thinking my engine will be better off w/ needle bearing lifters since it doesn't feed pressurized oil to the lifters.
There are a good bit of guys running the bushed lifters on Drag Week apparently though.

Stanton...this info isn't meant to start an argument, just a discussion. I'm no metallurgist and I've never used these lifters before. Everything I've heard about the bushed lifters is good, but I have no firsthand experience w/ them.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax