Not much of an update right now, finally got the temps down, 100+ degree days takes a toll and work has been crazy lately, catching up after the covid slowdown.

My son and I got some maintenance time in today. We greased up all the zerk fittings on the car, there are 23 of them. Showed him how to check tie rods, kingpins, sway bar mounts, etc for play and looseness. Only iffy thing we found was the driver's side upper shock bushing had a bit of play. Since relocating that mount is on the list to do and that requires different shocks it will be addressed. Taught him how to remove the hubcaps, check tire pressures and reinstall hubcaps. I know it seems basic to us but hey when was the last time you saw a new car with hubcaps anymore? We also played around with my IR gun and discussed how the cooling system functions. We also went over camber, caster and toe as well as bumpsteer. These jobs tend to run long since almost everything is a learning opportunity for him so we go into the why things work alot.

I know the project is going somewhat slow, but I only get him one weekend a month and we squeeze in what time we can on it.

This worked out better than I had hoped, he's been enjoying it so much he signed up for collision repair class this year at school.