Thanks to all for the kind words. These old cars can be fun and they keep you on your toes. No computer to crutch things for you. If somethings wrong you'll know about it right now.

We had a cold front roll in the other day, like a 50 degree drop and the Plymouth was running poorly that morning. I figured it just need the winter tune up to make it happy.

Nope, I had put in new plug wires and number 4 had popped off the distributor cap whistling

Found it today. I went ahead put in a new set of plugs and repositioned my wiper arms so they didn't hit. Tried to check the timing and dwell. The FSM calls for a 450-500 rpm idle speed. It was at 1600 rpm. My dwell meter is so old I don't remember the last time I used it and it reads funky, 20 degrees vs spec of 38. Not to mention my vacuum gauge is MIA. So I ordered a fancy automotive multimeter and a new vacuum testing kit. Supposed to be here Saturday, in which case I will finish tuning the engine. Right now I can only go by the idle speed drop method and I don't like that one. Can't find my feeler gauges so I ordered a new set. I suspect all this will do is encourage me to turning the distributor into an electronic one based on marrying a /6 distributor with the flathead's.

Had to repower the heater blower as I had it hooked up to constant 12v rather than switched. Got the cigar lighter wired up now as well. That was the last of the gauge cluster wiring to do. Finding the proper connector was a PITA though, DORMAN 85845 in case anyone is looking. Now I can power my phone that I use to stream music through my hidden audio system. Which I still need to put the final amp and voltage controller in. Right now it's just running off a homebrew BT amp and it sounds tinny as heck, almost like AM radio, lol.

Last edited by Sniper; 04/21/20 01:08 PM. Reason: edited link