Originally Posted by ZIPPY
People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who
I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite.

Personally I was taught as a child that one of the most important skills of being a decent human being is developing the ability to communicate wherever it is you stand, on any topic at all,
without trashing anyone else. Apparently that's not in style anymore so I'm out.

There was a time when importance and cool factor was pretty darn high.
I've definitely made friends here (99.9% in entirely a different era), and I transitioned from a broke musician to a career automotive guy partially as a result of my posting tech info on Moparts,
so it'll always occupy a place in my heart. But these days, there is really no reason to ever go too far in depth as information isn't archived the way it was several years ago.
Nobody really tries to save anything or pays much attention because they think they can always find it later by searching for two seconds (believe me, that's not always true).

I'll crawl out from under my rock and post a bunch of pics to maybe get a conversation going....I will start threads about whatever project I'm working on and hopefully get some kind of a constructive conversation and exchange of
ideas started....maybe inspire someone in some small way...but other than that stuff, I'm pretty sure nobody wants my advice
or really cares what I have to say anymore anyway LOL. I keep trying to learn something here as I did in the '90s and there is less and less of that available...and it sure as HECK ain't because
there is nothing left to learn, far from it.

You know, if you hang around for awhile, the same people usually post mostly the same things over and over anyway (myself included).
Everyone repeats themself to a pretty fair extent.
It's usually alot more constructive to get someone on the phone or preferably in person and have a real conversation.

I poked my head there a few times and yes it gets a little ugly and you can be assured if that section had free rein like the bullet it would right out of control. It amazes me how hateful people can be when talking politics. I can honestly say that I am glad that
I live in CANADA.