Moparts

Frequent posting members

Posted By: Kern Dog

Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 09:29 AM

I sometimes think of the members that used to post a LOT that have been scarce lately.
AMXautoX.....Wasn't his name Tom? He hasn't posted since December. He used to be here all the time.
OZHemi.....That guy posted a lot.
Where is Doc Fiberglass?
Not that I like the guy but JohnRR used to be a frequent contributor but has been conspicuously absent.
Cal Gecko used to post about his Dart and post some great pictures.
Wes Hutchingson, Street Van Dan, In the Pink, Paint it Black, MickM, Sandy in NS......
I expected to see more activity with all the shutdowns and such.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 10:56 AM

Another member was Malicious, seemed to have the inside track on upcoming releases from Dodge. Really enjoyed his posts.

Mike.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by moparmike1
Another member was Malicious, seemed to have the inside track on upcoming releases from Dodge. Really enjoyed his posts.

Mike.

I always suspected Malicious was a FCA social media contractor. He really seemed to be well connected and I miss his posts as well.

While I am able to control all the ads on Moparts they have run others off.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I sometimes think of the members that used to post a LOT that have been scarce lately.
AMXautoX.....Wasn't his name Tom? He hasn't posted since December. He used to be here all the time.
Where is Doc Fiberglass?
Not that I like the guy but JohnRR used to be a frequent contributor but has been conspicuously absent.
Wes Hutchingson, Street Van Dan, In the Pink, Paint it Black, MickM, Sandy in NS......

Tom is probably fishing a lot

OZ probably busy packing containers

Doc, well who knows. Maybe on permanent vacation

JohnRR, he’s out there

Cal, he got tire of the negative comments and other BS. He’s probably taking pictures

MickM and Sandy do a lot of FB Mopar postings. Sandy is stuck north due to the border being closed

The others, FABO, I FBBO, FEBO

Give me a call when you are in Scottsdale

Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 04:16 PM

Paint it Black (Steve) IIRC passed away a few years ago
Posted By: skicker

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 04:29 PM

Heard about another member that may have passed a while back... 64 post (Dave)

Tried calling the # I had for him and nothing...Hope I'm wrong... angel

Emailed Tom a while back...(AMX) He says everything is good where he's at... up

Posted By: Neil

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 04:47 PM

Think Wes got banned? I know he tried coming back under different names a few times. Simply could not keep his politics to himself so it would not surprise me if he got the permanent boot.

There was another guy who made some jokes about handicap people and he was tossed out.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 04:59 PM

Doc Fiberglass/Eric's last post was 9/15/2020 do about a week ago.

He's mainly in the WIW and Political forum lately.
Posted By: topside

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 05:56 PM

I know some guys who access the site via smartphone are really PO'd about the Infolinks deal.
Some I'd guess are just doing other things for a variety of reasons, bickering among them.
I was shocked to see my post count the other day...
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Think Wes got banned? I know he tried coming back under different names a few times. Simply could not keep his politics to himself so it would not surprise me if he got the permanent boot.

There was another guy who made some jokes about handicap people and he was tossed out.

Wes is not listed in the user list. shruggy

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 07:25 PM

He was on here under than name way back and then kept getting banned and coming back under different names every few months. His location was Casper Wyoming so that is how you knew it was him. Last time he was Lenveugo or some strange name like that???

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 07:37 PM

Steve, AKA AutoXcuda used to post a lot. Now he only seems to pop in to promote the Mopar Spring and Fall fling shows.
Nice guy, he must have other interests now.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 08:06 PM

Where is Doc Fiberglass?

My takeaway from the 2016 "poltical Moparts Experiment", many learned a lot more about follow members then they were comfortable with. As much as the experiment was challenging, it became rather pointless. I want to think I am the last person in the world to want to restrict exchange of ideas, but it degraded way beyond that, and why the current Part 2 redo, I from the get go, resisted. I suspect others felt it best to just move on.

So far, it appears they are smarter then me, as little has changed. biggrin

Meaning, the political forum initially boosts forum traffic, but at the cost of most just getting frustrated and their feelings hurt, and then going AWOL.
Posted By: hp383

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by topside
I know some guys who access the site via smartphone are really PO'd about the Infolinks deal.
Some I'd guess are just doing other things for a variety of reasons, bickering among them.

I recently downloaded and installed an ad blocker duck duck go browser. No more infolinks ad taking up the entire screen on the ole smartphone.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

My takeaway from the 2016 "poltical Moparts Experiment", many learned a lot more about follow members then they were comfortable with. As much as the experiment was challenging, it became rather pointless. I want to think I am the last person in the world to want to restrict exchange of ideas, but it degraded way beyond that, and why the current Part 2 redo, I from the get go, resisted. I suspect others felt it best to just move on.

Meaning, the political forum initially boosts forum traffic, but at the cost of most just getting frustrated and their feelings hurt, and then going AWOL.

I think that if someone is so "sensitive" or becomes enraged as to another members beliefs, values, opinions, etc, etc are regarding "life"..... that they need to go find a "safe space" or bunker down under a rock after being "traumatized" or perhaps disillusioned in a discussion, then they brought it upon themselves by engaging in the banter, some people like to poke the bear thinking it won't bite... the "current events/political forum" pretty much states you are on your own, big boys only.... these are probably the same guys that get all twisted in the regular forum over a color change on a numbers matching vehicle, or a VIN swap/rebody post... personally I think the "current events" forum lets men be men, blow off some steam, vent some, bust some chops, etc, etc, you know, the stuff real men do in real life... after a while the Kumbaya PC sh1t gets a little old in the regular forum,( but that's the rules we have to play by to be here), plus the cry babies always pushing the tattle button for momma when they get in over their head on a post discussion...must be the "office crowd"? I don't know?....
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

I think if someone is so "sensitive" to what another members beliefs, values, opinions, etc, etc are regarding "life"..... and they need to go find a "safe space" or bunker down under a rock after being "traumatized" or perhaps disillusioned, then they brought it upon themselves by engaging in the banter, some people like to poke the bear thinking it won't bite... the "current events/political forum" pretty much states you are on your own, big boys only.... these are probably the same guys that get all twisted in the regular forum over a color change on a numbers matching vehicle, or a VIN swap/rebody post... personally I think the "current events" forum lets men be men, blow off some steam, vent some, bust some chops, etc, etc, you know, the stuff real men do in real life... after a while the Kumbaya PC sh1t gets a little stale, plus the cry babies always pushing the tattle button for momma when they get in over their head on a post discussion...must be the "office crowd"? I don't know?....
You can't let the political part let you be so offended you quit the site. Shoot, I've had people all but call me stupid in the tech section for asking a question that I guess was to simple for most. I don't let it bother me though, I just kind of make a mental note to try and stay away from that member. But going away only hurts yourself. Nobody else really cares.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360/
You can't let the political part let you be so offended you quit the site. Shoot, I've had people all but call me stupid in the tech section for asking a question that I guess was to simple for most. I don't let it bother me though, I just kind of make a mental note to try and stay away from that member. But going away only hurts yourself. Nobody else really cares.

Same here, I've had members called me an idiot or stupid for some answers or questions I posted, I just kinda let it slide, life goes on, no need to run home to momma..lol! it's all water under the bridge in a few minutes, hours anyway...if you let it bother you, you have bigger issues

Mike
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 09:51 PM

Same here, I've had members called me an idiot or stupid for some answers or questions I posted, I just kinda let it slide, life goes on, no need to run home to momma..lol! it's all water under the bridge in a few minutes, hours anyway...if you let it bother you, you have bigger issues

Mike

Well you know some people came out of the womb with all of the knowledge in the world while the rest of us humans had to acquire it along the way.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 10:14 PM

Oh no you said docfiberglass. That's like saying Beetlejuice. He's still around for that fiberglass stuffed entertainment and if he catches this thread it'll be pages long in no time fart spank popcorn

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 10:23 PM

I miss Oldman and the wisdom he shared with us.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 11:05 PM

My concern was because some of our members are a bit "seasoned" and when they suddenly drop off the radar, it makes me wonder.
When I am gone for awhile, it means that I was banned yet again.
AMXautoX was here ALL the time.
Daty Rogers dropped off the scene and he was found to have passed on, right?
A few guys had the same fate on other sites. They post and post, then they just aren't around anymore. If they were in poor health and just didn't feel like telling people that they were on the way out, I do understand that.
The situation with MidPenMopar/Stu Harmon was unique. He saw his future and chose to inform the board and leave on his terms.
That took balls.
Mortality scares the heck out of me. Seeing people just drop off the forum makes me wonder about what happened to them.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 11:35 PM

The situation with MidPenMopar/Stu Harmon was unique. He saw his future and chose to inform the board and leave on his terms.
That took balls.

There's been a few other members over the years who have done the same thing, I wish I could remember their names.

With Stu though, that was especially hard. He was so well liked by so many, not just here, and it happened so fast. He went from discussing his RR, to discussing his health, to discussing what was coming in a very short period of time. I just can't even imagine going thru that.

frowwn angel

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 11:37 PM

That took balls.
Mortality scares the heck out of me. Seeing people just drop off the forum makes me wonder about what happened to them.

I spoke with Stu when I planned a trip to California that included a few days in San Francisco. All things considered, I really wish now that I had built in time to meet him.

His outlook on life was something else.

Mike.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 11:37 PM

I think people post from their phone more than ever now, I know I do. I have had an iPhone 6plus for over 5 years now and this website is not phone friendly. It’s the only website including TDAmeridrade that I have to turn my phone sideways to read or post from. I rarely post in the racing forum anymore because when providing tech info I like to post pictures. Lol good luck with that on this site. Simple tech posts drag on for weeks here instead of providing good info and moving on. Abodiesonly has been my tech place to go lately and it is soooo easy to post pictures.
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/22/20 11:54 PM

Some of the members have migrated over to the Dodgecharger.com for one reason or another. This has been stated in topics over there.
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 12:29 AM

What about BeepBeep (Joe)? He is one that took me under his wing years ago.He PM'd one time with his phone and asked to call him.He liked the kind of questions I asked and he knew I wanted to make my car correct as possible and I thought his knowledge was off the charts.
Posted By: klunick

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 01:21 AM

I've been on here since 2003. Don't post much as it seemed that many of the posts were just foolish stuff that I didn't have much to add to. That said, it is stunning how few folks post here lately
Posted By: 69RR

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 02:23 AM

Sometimes I think some sites just run their course or least forums. I've been here since I think -1997 or 1998 that's a looong time. Its like a club - soon all the stuff has been talked about and the car stuff becomes less and less and things become more topical. Less interest in the topics at hand - people leave or don't sign in. I'm 60 years old - I bet I'm close the median age of the members and bet when I was 38 years old I was the median age then too. We are getting older and boring - lol.,

My take anyway,

Dean

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 02:56 AM

Hey I'm still here so what else do ya need? grin
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 03:02 AM

Nailed it 69RR
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 01:11 PM

As much as I hate to admit it pittsburghracer is correct… ForABodiesonly is much easier to post pictures, I take a picture on my IPhone and can't post it to this site because its to large. I used to be on here a lot more but the picture problem and some things said about me drove me away to other Mopar sites.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 69RR
Sometimes I think some sites just run their course or least forums. I've been here since I think -1997 or 1998 that's a looong time. Its like a club - soon all the stuff has been talked about and the car stuff becomes less and less and things become more topical. Less interest in the topics at hand - people leave or don't sign in. I'm 60 years old - I bet I'm close the median age of the members and bet when I was 38 years old I was the median age then too. We are getting older and boring - lol.,

My take anyway,

Dean

Yes indeed. I am a 90's member and live and breath Mopar and still do today, so I am going nowhere. Besides, those few who post nowadays usually make me laugh and I find I need more and more of that in these times... work
Posted By: GY3

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 01:26 PM

I almost never post in the General section anymore.

I got tired of getting banned.

Apparently my style of humor is not wanted nor appreciated by the owner of the board.

Been a member since 1997.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 02:10 PM

I thought ya had to say bettle juice three times? (please don't)

I really try to avoid politics for hopefully self evident reasons. Doesn't mean I don't hold views. As for being called on your info, I made my coin providing info and learned early "don't say it if you can't prove it".
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/23/20 05:34 PM

I've been on here for quite a while and I think the reasons people drop off are varied. Some folks sold their cars, maybe didn't talk about it, and just kind of slunk, slinked or slank off. Other folks got busy with house, kids, wife, NO wife, golf, etc. Technology issues might be at play - I know the ads are giving some people trouble, and the mobile implementation is less-than-ideal. Then you have the people who just don't click with one aspect or another of the site: the current frequent posters, the moderation, the politics, the banned topics, etc. People participate where they are comfortable for the most part. As the site and the membership has changed over time it moved some people to check out. I don't think it's one thing - people come and go for their own reasons. Personally, I hate it when one person pollutes almost every thread (flooding) and when I see that happening on a forum, I'm out.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 01:49 PM

My take anyway,

Dean

Hmm. Getting boring? I don't know if I completely agree with that. As one who is pushing 70, I think that as we age our priorities/interests change. When I was younger it was booze, broads, and cars. As I aged it became career, liquor, marriage, and automobiles. Now it's retirement, politics, grandchildren, medical concerns, and classic vehicles. I think that we are molded by not only what we like but what affects us. Just my twocents

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 06:22 PM

Mike

As valid as the above point(s) might be, doesn't seem many here understand some just may not be inclined to hang out in their opinion with newly uncovered A----holes. and decide to move on. Not sure if they are offended, effeminate, stupid, immature, adverse to bluntness, etc, but not being here indicates to me they made their choice.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 07:21 PM

I know that I find fewer posts that strike my interest anymore. A lot of times it's not as easy to jump on with my phone and look around. I think it's still the best Mopar forum out there, I am a member of FABO and FBBO, but I don't find them as easy to navigate and I've never really felt as welcome there. Sadly, I spend too much time on the 'Book, but a lot of the folks I respect here have made the jump and I talk to them more often on there. I would prefer this place over the sh*tshow that is other forms of social media. Some folks are really missed on here, some are not.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by calmopar
I've been on here for quite a while and I think the reasons people drop off are varied. Some folks sold their cars, maybe didn't talk about it, and just kind of slunk, slinked or slank off. Other folks got busy with house, kids, wife, NO wife, golf, etc. Technology issues might be at play - I know the ads are giving some people trouble, and the mobile implementation is less-than-ideal. Then you have the people who just don't click with one aspect or another of the site: the current frequent posters, the moderation, the politics, the banned topics, etc. People participate where they are comfortable for the most part. As the site and the membership has changed over time it moved some people to check out. I don't think it's one thing - people come and go for their own reasons. Personally, I hate it when one person pollutes almost every thread (flooding) and when I see that happening on a forum, I'm out.

This,
,Personally, I hate it when one person pollutes almost every thread (flooding) and when I see that happening on a forum, I'm out.

Also,"Many" legitimate post ,question or statement end up being a completely off the subject and end up being never properly addressed !
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 09:16 PM

I hate the info links but come back because there are a lot of great members with a lot of knowledge.
And they are willing to share it

Carsten
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/24/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 44D6PAKCUDA
What about BeepBeep (Joe)? He is one that took me under his wing years ago.He PM'd one time with his phone and asked to call him.He liked the kind of questions I asked and he knew I wanted to make my car correct as possible and I thought his knowledge was off the charts.

Agreed

Joe was a wealth of information . We talked offline many many times on the phone or in person when he showed up at Carlisle one year.
Same as Snoopy, Neither have posted in years.

I seem to remember a snippet a few years back that Snoopy passed away a few years ago? ,,,,,,I hope I'm wrong

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/25/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by 44D6PAKCUDA

Agreed

Joe was a wealth of information . We talked offline many many times on the phone or in person when he showed up at Carlisle one year.
Same as Snoopy, Neither have posted in years.

I seem to remember a snippet a few years back that Snoopy passed away a few years ago? ,,,,,,I hope I'm wrong

Joe still "reads" here on Moparts, just prefers PM's to communicate, Earl/Snoopy was very ill, I haven't heard about/from him in years....
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/25/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

Yup...too much "weeping and knashing of teeth"..on that political forum. People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/25/20 11:09 PM

No one mentioned Mopar Jamie he started when hecwas 16 or so here with questions about small engines. And then more about low end four door cars.
He had a thick skin for some time.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

Yup...too much "weeping and knashing of teeth"..on that political forum. People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by jcc
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

iagree

I agree with this too. I learned allot about the character of many people here during the last election. It turned me off to the point that I mainly just look for cars or parts anymore. I really don't care to talk with most who post. The unmoderated forum is full of angry old men with ugly attitudes. The only reason I still frequent this site is because I love Mopars and there are some very smart people here when I need tech help. I have thought about leaving but I've been here almost 20 years so...
Posted By: Dan Halen

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 02:38 AM

Streetvan Dan sold the van and changed his moniker to Dan Halen a few years ago, still lurks every so often.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 05:51 AM

Thank you.
Posted By: 71sat440

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 05:59 AM

I used to post al lot but for the past 4-5 years I think I post maybe a dozen or so times. Just checked user list and I'm still on page 2 after years of almost no activity, I can't even imagine how thats possible on less its its been really dead.

For me it was just a matter of I liked moparts and set it as my home page and posted almost every time I logged on.

Then I got a vacation for a week I think it was, so changed my home page, found some places that don't ban and I can say whatever and only really come back to check news at the top once in awhile.

Several of the other boards I'm on have a lot of the same members as here.

The Q and A here is very good though.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by AeroMonte

I agree with this too. I learned allot about the character of many people here during the last election. It turned me off to the point that I mainly just look for cars or parts anymore. I really don't care to talk with most who post. The unmoderated forum is full of angry old men with ugly attitudes. The only reason I still frequent this site is because I love Mopars and there are some very smart people here when I need tech help. I have thought about leaving but I've been here almost 20 years so...

Yea, "character" is a better foundation for friendship then ANY political position, but obviously that is not a widely shared value.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/26/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by moparmarks

Mike

Well you know some people came out of the womb with all of the knowledge in the world while the rest of us humans had to acquire it along the way.
Lol perfect way to state it
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/27/20 07:32 PM

I am one of them. You also get tired of Opting Out then you also get ads in the middle of the post.
I also help run and moderate a web forum that caters to guns mostly, hunting and fishing, and also talks of current events like the one just set up here. So that is a lot of my time there.
It is one of the 10 largest sales so it keeps me busy.
I think others that have moved on also have other interest as well.
I was a member here since late 1998 and found it on Heminet.com
I see JohnRR at a site like that I am a member of and used to see PrimeDuster {Cameron} at one like that in Cali as well. So think that it is just another interest that has taken members away as well when you look at Boating and other things we could be into

Originally Posted by topside
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 02:10 PM

People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who
I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite.

Personally I was taught as a child that one of the most important skills of being a decent human being is developing the ability to communicate wherever it is you stand, on any topic at all,
without trashing anyone else. Apparently that's not in style anymore so I'm out.

There was a time when importance and cool factor was pretty darn high.
I've definitely made friends here (99.9% in entirely a different era), and I transitioned from a broke musician to a career automotive guy partially as a result of my posting tech info on Moparts,
so it'll always occupy a place in my heart. But these days, there is really no reason to ever go too far in depth as information isn't archived the way it was several years ago.
Nobody really tries to save anything or pays much attention because they think they can always find it later by searching for two seconds (believe me, that's not always true).

I'll crawl out from under my rock and post a bunch of pics to maybe get a conversation going....I will start threads about whatever project I'm working on and hopefully get some kind of a constructive conversation and exchange of
ideas started....maybe inspire someone in some small way...but other than that stuff, I'm pretty sure nobody wants my advice
or really cares what I have to say anymore anyway LOL. I keep trying to learn something here as I did in the '90s and there is less and less of that available...and it sure as HECK ain't because
there is nothing left to learn, far from it.

You know, if you hang around for awhile, the same people usually post mostly the same things over and over anyway (myself included).
Everyone repeats themself to a pretty fair extent.
It's usually alot more constructive to get someone on the phone or preferably in person and have a real conversation.

Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
People being REALLY UGLY to each other, is just not worth it, to even read anymore. down

iagree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who
I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite.

Personally I was taught as a child that one of the most important skills of being a decent human being is developing the ability to communicate wherever it is you stand, on any topic at all,
without trashing anyone else. Apparently that's not in style anymore so I'm out.

I've definitely made friends here (99.9% in entirely a different era), and I transitioned from a broke musician to a career automotive guy partially as a result of my posting tech info on Moparts,
so it'll always occupy a place in my heart. But these days, there is really no reason to ever go too far in depth as information isn't archived the way it was several years ago.
Nobody really tries to save anything or pays much attention because they think they can always find it later by searching for two seconds (believe me, that's not always true).

I'll crawl out from under my rock and post a bunch of pics to maybe get a conversation going....I will start threads about whatever project I'm working on and hopefully get some kind of a constructive conversation and exchange of
ideas started....maybe inspire someone in some small way...but other than that stuff, I'm pretty sure nobody wants my advice
or really cares what I have to say anymore anyway LOL. I keep trying to learn something here as I did in the '90s and there is less and less of that available...and it sure as HECK ain't because

You know, if you hang around for awhile, the same people usually post mostly the same things over and over anyway (myself included).
It's usually alot more constructive to get someone on the phone or preferably in person and have a real conversation.

yep I agree. same here.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 07:07 PM

"i agree Yep, I looked in there and it was definitely a mistake. Ended up losing a whole lot of respect for folks due to their attitude and the way they treated others, some who I previously thought would be cool to meet someday and shake hands with really turned out to be the opposite."

This is the conundrum of the internet. many want one to speak to another as if they were sitting in your living room, and another school of thought is best if one speaks honestly, and then we really find out who it is and the character of the one speaking, while the message seems to get overlooked.

We really unfortunately, can't have it both ways.

On the "repeating", if there wasn't much turnover, there would be really little need, and its maybe presumptuous to assume everybody remembers and has read previous sharing.
I can tolerate it. Besides, its informative to see how much the stories change over time. biggrin
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 10:17 PM

The only time repeating annoys me is when it's on the same page the same day. How friggin' hard is it to scroll down? laugh2

I've met a few (very few) members from here over the years. Only one 'bad' meeting but they haven't been here in over a decade. I wish I had been better able to interact with people back then, I'm a LOT more out going now than I was back then. Shoot, I met ZIPPY back when he had his .....'Mongolian Battle Wagon' (I think that was the name he gave his old wagon work ), much to my embarrassment the more calm and relaxed I tried to be, the more star struck I felt. blush

Back to topic, who remembers Carl? He may have been a wealth of info, but from my vantage point, seemed like he was trying to take over the board.

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73
The only time repeating annoys me is when it's on the same page the same day. How friggin' hard is it to scroll down? laugh2

Don't sweat the small stuff John. Two, or more, posts on the same topic really isn't something to get annoyed over.

Mike.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/28/20 11:43 PM

I've met a few (very few) members from here over the years. Only one 'bad' meeting but they haven't been here in over a decade. I wish I had been better able to interact with people back then, I'm a LOT more out going now than I was back then. Shoot, I met ZIPPY back when he had his .....'Mongolian Battle Wagon' (I think that was the name he gave his old wagon work ), much to my embarrassment the more calm and relaxed I tried to be, the more star struck I felt. blush

Back to topic, who remembers Carl? He may have been a wealth of info, but from my vantage point, seemed like he was trying to take over the board.

Carl, was that the Burger King guy that thought he was actually King? laugh2

Kevin

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 03:18 AM

What ever happened to S&MCuda?

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 04:48 AM

I don't remember that one.
How about Pale Roader. The "OV" guy!

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 02:36 PM

S&M was a mod here for a short time.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Doc Fiberglass/Eric's last post was 9/15/2020 do about a week ago.

He's mainly in the WIW and Political forum lately.

Two weeks,still hasn't showed up ! shruggy
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 04:01 PM

Doc had a dinner date with an Asian gal...I hope he is ok... work
Posted By: moparx

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 04:33 PM

ol DoC wasn't in the path of any of the last hurricanes was he ?
beer
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/29/20 11:14 PM

Where is Doc Fiberglass?

While I didn't really post all that much, and certainly don't rate myself among the distinguished company mentioned above, my reason for staying away these past few months is simple: It's virtually unusable on a mobile device. I spend my days working behind a keyboard & screen, I have no desire to waste leisure time there as well. If I'm wasting time on message boards/social media, I like to do so on my phone while relaxing on my deck with an adult beverage.....

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/30/20 06:11 AM

Hey, I remember you.
How about FrankenScamp?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Frequent posting members - 09/30/20 02:52 PM

I thought you were cool, and interacted just fine. Didn't notice anything not calm or not relaxed.

Sometimes in life we might feel awkward but nobody can tell...that was one of those times.
I thought you were a nice feller and was nice to meet you.

Carl did alot of helpful things for tech archive maintenance, but was also stickler for no swearing and things like that wheras the younger folks tended to let alot of little things slide.
I know that drove people crazy.

He also seemed to make the time to read just about everything, which....alot of times....the more you read, the worse it seems (and it doesn't matter what "it" is!)

Posted By: Apollo 13

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

My take anyway,

Dean

Yes indeed. I am a 90's member and live and breath Mopar and still do today, so I am going nowhere. Besides, those few who post nowadays usually make me laugh and I find I need more and more of that in these times... work

Im not sure when I joined. It seems 1998-99 or close. The site then changed some how and I and I had to join again so the date may be later.. Anyway.... There were some Real Characters to remember and also a few Epic conversations. Unlawful, Dart Girl, One Bad Super-Bird to name a few. I don't know if the archive goes back far enough, but if you can find the Carl Payne 1970 Daytona Charger thread, take the time to read all 20 or 25 pages. It's better than any current Sit-Com. Personally, I started a Business in 2010 and Expanded it in 2012. There went my time to enjoy MoParts. Now, with a Covid-19 No Customers Break, I can come back and check things out from time to time. This is the best Site for MoPar Tech, Parts, Sales, Events, Etc. I always put people on to it.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 01:38 AM

I dropped off for a long while because I got super busy. Still busy and only make it in once a week or so. Maybe others are like me and are just busy.

I looked into the No holds barred, politics okay, forum. I realized if I read enough of it I would start to dislike many members I currently respect so I don't waste my time there. I started to respond to one post there, thought it over and deleted it. Haven't been back in there since.

I talked to one member who used to post a dozen times a day and he said he left because of the infolinks. I use AdBlock Plus so it never bothered me but apparently it was an issue for some.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY

I poked my head there a few times and yes it gets a little ugly and you can be assured if that section had free rein like the bullet it would right out of control. It amazes me how hateful people can be when talking politics. I can honestly say that I am glad that
I live in CANADA.

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 04:44 AM

Two words
Mark Nixon runaway

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 06:46 AM

I've heard of him.
Remember Jnkgal ? Wasn't she a Coronet owner? She never showed any pictures of her face.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
What ever happened to S&MCuda?

He posts constantly on the bullet .. I think to mock ed miller , he goes by 1slowmopar .. eds was 1fastmopar but, they animals ran him off there too

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 12:46 PM

Way, way back in the day. Probably got the boot before you got started on here.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 01:17 PM

I've heard of him.
Remember Jnkgal ? Wasn't she a Coronet owner? She never showed any pictures of her face.

She posts a lot on facebook
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 01:37 PM

Lots of screen names from the past popping up in this thread that I'd forgotten about. Has TheOtherDodge and BigKahuna been mentioned yet? Wow, there have been a long list of characters here.

I've meet a few people from here, but only ones that have been local to me or passing through. There are a few I've communicated with through PMs and email beyond the board but I haven't met in person yet. There are some I know we have lost to disease and illness along the way. I have sent a few sympathy cards out to member's survivors over the years. Been following the board since around 97-98. Probably right after it became Moparts from what I think was a Texas Mopars board or something like that.

I've only ventured into the political forum a few times to read and have never posted. Reviewing the few topics I've seen in their reinforced many of the negative perceptions others have posted here. Frankly, I can get that amount of nastiness at work any day of the week so I prefer to not engage in it when I'm trying to enjoy a hobby forum.

Yes, sometimes the tech does get repeated. Sometimes its annoying, but I always try to remember that just because its may be old hat to me, its actually great that someone new is asking. It is always interesting to read some of my older posts.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 01:44 PM

Challenger1 is one that I haven't seen post in a while, he took up flying so he may be spending his time on forums that pertain his new interests.

I've never been in the politics forum and probably never will, I see no good coming from being there.

I too run adblock on my desk top and run a browser on my tablet that blocks ads, Moparts is the only site I use that browser for. I spend more time on forAbodiesonly now than here.

Re: Frequent posting members - 10/02/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
I've heard of him.

She posts a lot on facebook

I remember when she graduated nursing school.
Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 04:39 PM

Where is Doc Fiberglass?

Whaaaat's up? I haven't been here in a while - honestly, lost interest in the Dart - the fuel sending unit seal caused fuel to leak all over my garage a few years back, and after finally being able to find a replacement sending unit (it took me about 6 months to find one), I went to install it and found that the fuel line fitting size was the wrong size - and I have just not gotten around to ordering a new one, and now I'm discouraged to even bother because I know all that gas has probably gunked up my fuel lines and carb, and just can't be bothered. Additionally, I got burned on cars when I had someone I thought was a friend, doing an engine swap in my wife's '66 mustang (going from a straight six to a 5.0 out of an Explorer), and he totally screwed me over (after taking 2 years to do a butcher job on the swap) to the tune of about $4k... so I've just been super discouraged on the old cars. Also, been focusing on photography work, making some side cash doing that and keeping myself busy.

Hope you guys are all doing well and taking care of yourselves during these rough times.
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 05:39 PM

Day ummmmm ... how did I miss this until now ?

BBL
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 05:51 PM

Maybe this.

Attached picture images.jpg

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Challenger1 is one that I haven't seen post in a while, he took up flying so he may be spending his time on forums that pertain his new interests.

I've never been in the politics forum and probably never will, I see no good coming from being there.

I too run adblock on my desk top and run a browser on my tablet that blocks ads, Moparts is the only site I use that browser for. I spend more time on forAbodiesonly now than here.

Me thimks 61 has been drinking 151 !

Chuckles1 pulled a hissy fit when I came back on board !

...,and was given A QUICK exit stage lefty !
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 07:21 PM

I have have been posting on here for years but it is getting increasingly frustrating. I know everybody is entitled to their opinion, I post trying to give some useful information or of an experience I had. Just to many people ready to pounce and call out mistakes going over every post looking for a way to contradict what I said. I know many people have left the forum , I just spoke to one Moparts member a week or so ago and he agreed about the Moparts decline. I have already removed the list of my Mopars from my posts and will be spending less time here and will probably only use the site for selling items and even that i haven't been as successful here as I used to be.
Posted By: Remy-Z

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/11/20 07:36 PM

Had to poke my nose in on this one. Used to post a lot, got burned out on several fronts and walked away from most forums for a while. Got more into writing, which now occupies most of my day...once I'm done I'm ready to run from the computer. Unloaded my Imperial in March, now tinkering with a trash-can Fox body that would've been a nice, clean four-cylinder if it hadn't gone for a shallow swim. Glad to see that AMXAUTOX is still doing well, really helped me out during a low point in my life. I do miss the wild conversations that would go pages deep, every now and then I stop by and lurk for a bit.

If any of y'all are out and about next year, the MoParty deal in Bowling Green would be a great place to stop by!
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/12/20 07:12 PM

I hardly post anymore. I've found in the 20 years I've been on moparts that everything tech has been covered many many times over and I have a hard time finding any motivation to rehash. Youtube and the rest of the internet has helped tremendously with a lot of generic tech help as well. I think part of it as well is the old car market has soured me a bit on helping out. Around here it's all flippers and overpriced financial black holes that have sucked the joy out of the hobby.

Same here. I browsed the political section a bit and a lot of the posters in there who I thought were okay guys were the first ones to resort to personal attacks and insults the second someone chimed in with a different opinion. It's sad but people go online looking for someone to argue with. Nobody's going in there looking to learn or possibly have their opinion swayed. There's plenty of other internet platforms for that drivel yet I would be lying if I said that behavior didn't make me lose a lot of respect for those people, regardless of whether or not I agreed with the position they were trying to argue.

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/12/20 08:54 PM

He banned himself

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/12/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Remy-Z
Had to poke my nose in on this one. Used to post a lot, got burned out on several fronts and walked away from most forums for a while. Got more into writing, which now occupies most of my day...once I'm done I'm ready to run from the computer. Unloaded my Imperial in March, now tinkering with a trash-can Fox body that would've been a nice, clean four-cylinder if it hadn't gone for a shallow swim. Glad to see that AMXAUTOX is still doing well, really helped me out during a low point in my life. I do miss the wild conversations that would go pages deep, every now and then I stop by and lurk for a bit.

If any of y'all are out and about next year, the MoParty deal in Bowling Green would be a great place to stop by!

Good to see you Remy, long time no hear.. How’s life after Army?

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by dart4forte

He banned himself

Really why?

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 05:00 AM

S & M ??
Huh ???

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 01:07 PM

S & M ??
Huh ???

As kinda a kinky perv as you are .... I beez surprised you don’t know .... could be. ??

Attached picture 092F24CC-C17D-46DC-BFAA-3FEDA780427F.png

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 08:31 PM

I am fully aware of the sexual reference. I was wondering what member went by the name as I don't recall the person.

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 09:16 PM

Oh my gooooness ... I’ll bet you give FULLY AWARE new meaning! eek grin
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by DaytonaTurbo
I hardly post anymore. I've found in the 20 years I've been on moparts that everything tech has been covered many many times over and I have a hard time finding any motivation to rehash. Youtube and the rest of the internet has helped tremendously with a lot of generic tech help as well. I think part of it as well is the old car market has soured me a bit on helping out. Around here it's all flippers and overpriced financial black holes that have sucked the joy out of the hobby.

Same here. I browsed the political section a bit and a lot of the posters in there who I thought were okay guys were the first ones to resort to personal attacks and insults the second someone chimed in with a different opinion. It's sad but people go online looking for someone to argue with. Nobody's going in there looking to learn or possibly have their opinion swayed. There's plenty of other internet platforms for that drivel yet I would be lying if I said that behavior didn't make me lose a lot of respect for those people, regardless of whether or not I agreed with the position they were trying to argue.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. twocents

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/13/20 11:16 PM

Some guys FOR SURE can go off the deep end with politics eek

I can fling out a ZING but that’s about it.

But I CAN NOT deal with some of the WHITE HOT HATE some are spewing ... tsk
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/14/20 06:36 AM

I was a lurker for a little while before I signed up in 2005. Don't post much since my knowledge pool is as shallow as a bird bath compared to a lot of folks here, but I read the board daily. I just always figured the decrease in traffic was due to competing venues like social media and that the hobby is cost prohibitive for young guys to pick up. Seriously, who the hell out of college has the money for a B body let alone parts? The moment these cars began to become investments is when interest started to wane.

Re: Frequent posting members - 12/14/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by cal_gecko
Where is Doc Fiberglass?

Whaaaat's up? I haven't been here in a while - honestly, lost interest in the Dart - the fuel sending unit seal caused fuel to leak all over my garage a few years back, and after finally being able to find a replacement sending unit (it took me about 6 months to find one), I went to install it and found that the fuel line fitting size was the wrong size - and I have just not gotten around to ordering a new one, and now I'm discouraged to even bother because I know all that gas has probably gunked up my fuel lines and carb, and just can't be bothered. Additionally, I got burned on cars when I had someone I thought was a friend, doing an engine swap in my wife's '66 mustang (going from a straight six to a 5.0 out of an Explorer), and he totally screwed me over (after taking 2 years to do a butcher job on the swap) to the tune of about $4k... so I've just been super discouraged on the old cars. Also, been focusing on photography work, making some side cash doing that and keeping myself busy.

Hope you guys are all doing well and taking care of yourselves during these rough times.

Hey Cal, what’s up buddy? Don’t get discouraged on the Dart, [censored] happens. That’s a nice looking car. Why not post some your cool pics so the newer members can see them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums