Originally Posted by AARCONV
i don't see a picture of the mags or the lug nuts in question but here is my take on it..take the lug nut i am assuming with the shank on it and stick it thru the mag wheel hole..it should not be sticking past the back flange or even close to it to bottom out on the drum or hub assembly ...next take the lug nut and screw it into the stud to make sure it did not bottom out inside the lug nut before it reaches the drum and you don't have a lot of treads left sticking out..and does it use a washer? the lug nut i think is your problem..they might not be deep enough inside and they bottom out on the tip of the stud..cutting the lug nut shorter only shortens the length going into the mag wheel hole..but the inside is still too short..just saying
I had the lug nuts shorten at a local machine shop because they were to long and not allowing the mag wheel to tighten down against the brake drum. Now they tighten down good but loosen back up after a few miles. I think the shanks of the lug nuts are a little to small for the bolt holes. Just my thinking. shruggy