Originally Posted by BlueRacer69
I recently bought a set of new Cragar S/S Mags for my 69 Dart. Now days you don't get lug nuts with them anymore. So I went on E-bag and found some sellers who sell what suppose to be lug nuts for Cragar S/S mags. Remember this is a 69 Dart, so the nuts are 7/16"-20 and have a 3/4" inch long shank length. Mounted up the first mag & tire, tighten it down and discovered you could still wiggle the mag all over the place. The lug nuts were slightly to long. Put on the other 3 mags and the same thing happen with them. Removed all 20 lug nuts and headed down to my local machine shop guy and had him shorten them a bit. Came home mounted up a wheel and it tighten down beautifully, no more wiggle. Same with the other 3 wheels. Torque the lugs nuts to 55 ft.lbs like the Dodge service manual calls for with 7/16" wheel studs. Take the car for a test drive. Drive it 1 mile and return back home. Check the lug nuts and they are all lose. Re-torque the nuts again, this time to 65 ft.lbs Take another 1 mile drive and return back home. Again the Cragar nuts are loosen up. Has anyone else here had this problem or have any guesses what is going on? Thanks.

Tighten them back up to your spec. Then mark each lug nut at 12 O’clock and take it for a ride. Come back and check them. If loose, see if the nuts turned using those marks you made. If not, then the wheel is hanging up on the pilot/hub and all that is happening is that you are drawing the wheel on to the hub each time to tighten and drive the car.