Ebb and flow of life . . . there will always be ups and downs . . . however, depending upon what the "climate change" doomsday crowd gets through for legislation, etc . . . they might kill the old car hobby. I started out in this "hobby" as just a way to keep my car running/going by wrenching on it (cause I could not afford to pay mechanics/shop fees) and then going to car shows. The joy of the car show has been meeting all the wonderful people out there and becoming friends, even though there is long distance between . . . . and yes, getting older (57 now) I do enjoy the creature comforts, and the newer rides - love fuel injection, computer control - turn the key and go ! . . . but still have my "old cars" - not sure I would still have them if I could not work on them and had to pay mechanics to do what I can. And as said, for me, it's a hobby . . . sometimes wrenching can be a calming, fun relaxing way to spend time. We all have different interests, and one of mine happens to be these cars that I am able to utilize and maintain.

I have noticed that the parts supply though, is dwindling . . . I mean just regular routine maintenance things like brake shoes/pads, rotors, drums, tune up parts, etc . . . or at least where I am they seem to be. Front Calipers for A, or F,M,J body - from NAPA, takes them at least a few days to "bring in" ! Same thing with pads and shoes . . . pretty much run of the mill parts ! But then again, gotta remember that it's parts for a 40 or 50 year old car !!! Not like mid 80s -90s when there were tons of these cars in the wrecking yards too.

Go out and enjoy your ride while you can !!!