this topic pops up often.

a few opinions from me.

people stating prices aren't going down that much is a reflection of the cheap $$$ flowing from the fed, emphasized by the extremely low interests rates. it's not really a true sign of the strength of the economy. yes some segments are strong but a larger portion is teetering on falling off the edge of the cliff.
interest rates go up 2 or 3 points all hell is going to break out. it's not a question of IF this will happen, it's WHEN it's going to happen.

as others posted. the top of the line numbers premium cars will always hold their value.
non numbers car prices are getting weak and weaker as time passes. they will stay in the $15-$20 range and stay there for a LONG time. i credit the modern muscle car for this.

the biggest moving upwards pricing cars are actually the late model 80's muscle cars. and this part will be going higher in the future.
not long ago i posted a low miles mint Omni GLH-S. sold for $20K. same auction had a extremely low mile 80's Turbo Daytona or or something like that that sold for $30K+.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 08/21/20 08:04 AM.

perception is 90% of reality