I agree with a lot of the above to an extent.

If feel the market for people interested in the cars most are interested on Moparts is shrinking. I also feel that the overall amount of people that are interested in this type of stuff has shrunk too. But, when I go to the track, etc., I still see interest in hot rods and cars in general, just not the same cars that most have been interested in, in the past. What I see often is the quickest, easiest and or cheapest way to go fast or just have fun. I see a lot of fox Mustangs, G body Chevys, 80's and 90's trucks, Camaro's, etc. with LS swaps, turbo's, etc. I see some quick Diesels too. There are also a fair share of newer cars.

I was at the track a number of weeks ago and spoke to a guy with a nasty diesel truck, and he mentioned that he's been contemplating moving to an LS swapped, turbo something because it's cheaper.

Most I talk to about older cars all say the same thing, I'd love to have one but, they're too expensive. I feel that a lot of people are or were once priced out of the old car market and have since moved on or, they're now a little older and wiser and choose not to spend the money on some of the older, cooler iron. They build purpose built car that are loads of fun for less money. Again, they'd love to have something else older and cooler, but have just as much fun with a lesser car.

I personally hope prices do continue to drop a little more, not too low but, enough where I can get into some different cars with the budget I have to work with.