lol, I know my truck gets 22 here on the east coast, out there I don't know. Going back to FL from here there is only about 200 miles of mountains. I don't know where you live but I'm not driving across the country to prove my point. Like I said, I don't know what those guys are doing with their trucks to get such crappy numbers, and it doesn't have any explanation as to what they do with them either, only that it is an average of many fill ups. I know there are guys that tow very heavy with them and that will certainly reduce the mileage and over many fill ups will bring the numbers down. But hey if you want to come here I'll take your $2000 bet. We will fill up my truck, hit the highway for a tankful (about 400 miles, and still have some left) and then we can refill it and crunch the numbers.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.