I'll try to save you a lot of unnecessary expense and suggest a gas pot.

A diesel is not a commuter vehicle: they need several miles (like 20) in the winter for full warm up, and no, idling for half an hour in the morning does not warm them up. Unfortunately with renting (leasing) new vehicles, many Wanna-be Truck Drivers park a new diesel in their driveway to impress the Neighbors and use them to drive 2 miles to Home Depot or 2 miles to their job. This absolutely effs these trucks up and it does not show up until you the second-hand buyer gets it. A guy I worked with this winter, hid Dad got one of these units....................$13,000.00 in two repair bills and the truck only had 80,000 miles on it. I laughed when he told me the story.

Barry: You have helped a lot of people on this forum including myself, so I'm just trying to pay it forward to you: it's too much to get into, but I'll cut right to the point: don't buy diesel.

A 6.4 Power Wagon, or 360/V10 2nd Gen is all the truck you will ever need. I pull E-Bodies on my open car-hauler with a 360 Magnum like they ain't even there. I've pulled 5400 pound QC 4x4 2Gens on the same car hauler and the 360 can still do it. Do I get passed by a Cummins? Yes. Am I paying $15,000.00 for the engine/trans and 45 cents a gallon more for diesel? No. Do I miss my Cummins diesels? Not in the least bit.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".