Originally Posted by markz528
So it met my minimum expectations for power. It likes timing! Gained 60 hp going from 28 to 30 degrees. Kept getting good gains including at 36 degrees - that surprised me. Since we were running C14 fuel, Tony did not want to go higher. Probably would have gained more. My headers would not work (2 1/8 - 2 1/4 step) and the shop headers were larger diameter than mine.

Have 2 problems. Pulling a lot of oil through the vacuum pump. We now think the push rod oiling is spraying oil between the baffle and suction hole. They will make a new baffle tomorrow. The second problem is that at least one row of head studs are too short. 2 to 3 threads are not engaged in the nut. These were pretty expensive Koffel ARP studs specific for the application so that is quite disappointing.

I was not shooting for maximum horsepower. I wanted a balance for reliability and I think we hit the goal. The cam is not super crazy. .847/.825 lift 285/296 duration @ 0.050" 112 lobe separation. Compression is 15.22:1. Heads flowed 460 on the intake @ .850 and exhaust was 318.

Final numbers were 1058 hp @ 7200 rpm and 838 torque @ 6200 rpm. Horsepower falls off pretty quick after 7200 rpm.

SOunds great, Congrats on going over 1000

The studs you talk about....LOL when I saw that on mine, I called ARP they told me they were the correct length. I told them ...NO they are too short. I just ordered the correct length individually. YOu wonder how they sell a "set:" that has 10? that are a lil too short.

The Intake we are all using flat out sucks....whats it going to take for BRODIX to make an intake that works?? These heads are 30+ year old tech, they were great when people were building 470"? motors with stock blocks. Come on now, we need an update LOL

who made the cam?

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....