I got hooked on going fast in hot rods in 1962 after riding in fenderless roadster that a friends brother in law had made from a 1923 Dodge roadster pick up body shell, a handmade sheet metal bed mounted on a Model A frame that he had Z and added a 1957 Olsmoblile J2 motor and 3 speed stick shift trans with a 1949 Olds. rear end with twin beam trailing arm rear suspension mounted to the model A frame and stock model A buggy springs front and rear, it probably had a drop front axle also.
That was in 29 Palms, CA back before the great society got started later, he floored it in 1st gear and it starting spinning the recap 8.20x15 rear tires making it fishtail back and forth in every gear, not much traction but it impress me boogie
I've been hook every since (I was 17 years old that year) realcrazy devil
The first two cars I bought(1952 ford 2 door sedan and a 1950 Pontiac 2 door Coupe)) had 303 C.I. Olsmoblile motors in them.
My fourth car, first Hemi powered, was a 1933 Ford Pickup that had been chopped and channeled with a hand made short pick up bed with a stock 1955 Chrysler New Yorker motor. That truck still had the early Ford enclosed drivetrain in it with 4.89 gears and a really garbaged up exhaust system that was probably 1 3/4 or even maybe 1 12/inch pipes down
I had my Father In Law makes me a set of tube headers with built in muffs in the 3.5 inch collectors, that really woke that monster up devil I whup a lot of the local street racers with that hot rod boogie It might have been a mid to low 14 second or on a good night maybe high 13. seconds on the Casler 7 inch recap cheater slick I bought for it.
Those tires broke a lot of drive train parts, clutches, pinion gears, axles and so on, in my old hot rod whiney wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 05/05/20 11:10 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)