My dad worked at Chrysler Engineering in Highland Park, so it sort of started there. Mopar, or no car without question. Part of his job was to take blueprints to various prototype supplier shops on the area, and he would often stop home midday in brand new cars from their engineering pool car fleet, taking my buddies and I for rides (a definite no-no in today's world) in the back of 65 Barracuda's or Dart convertibles, then eventually Road Runners, Bee's, etc. Dad wasn't really a car guy per se, but always kept our family car fastidiously clean and serviced by the dealer. Those Saturday morning oil change trips to the dealer, and dad relenting to my pleas to get 'something bad for me' from the catering truck in service, are memories like no other. But, what really got me hooked though, were the guys in the neighborhood (1969 in Detroit and 15 years old) who were a few years older than me, that all had muscle cars. 390 4 speed Mustang GT, 68 GTO 4 speed, 68 Road Runner 383 4 speed, 64 Comet Caliente 2+2 289 hipo 4 speed, 69 Mach 1, 69 GTX 440 4 speed, and on and on. They were EVERYWHERE! My first ride in that Road Runner? Tom double clutched it, nailed it and we went sideways through 1st through 3rd gear. Scared the crap outta me and excited me beyond words at the same time! drive Stories? Yeah, like most, I've got dozens, but I'll spare you the details, and just say, it was some of the best times I recall growing up. thumbs

1971 Cuda 340 auto
2013 Mustang Boss 302 L/S
1969 Road Runner RM21 440 4 speed