I didnt really grow up around a car / mopar family. My parents drove what ever they got the best deal on at the time they needed it .

I got into model cars very early on ( early / mid 60s time frame )
One day from riding my bike on the road I lived on ,,, I spotted a blue on blue 1969 Road Runner for sale . it was a 383 , column auto for $150 and drove it home. ( summer of 1977 or so )
Blue was my favorite color and the price was right, It was also all I had from the summer job I had at the time.
I had seen a few of them around and liked the body style . There was bright green 69 RR in my high school parking lot that belonged to a guy a few years ahead of me, I found out later it was a Hemi car ( I would own that car several years later btw ,, )

But anyway ,,,,,That blue car needed parts and that lead to becoming friends with a local guy who was a year ahead of me that owned a limegreen Superbird in my junior year of high school. And still good friends to this day btw

Been hooked on Mopar ever since. Ive had a BUNCH over the years, Mostly B bodies, a few A bodies . Just never had much interest in the E body cars. Ive only owned 2, a 71 Gran Coupe Barracuda and a 70 Challenger 340 .