James, I'll tell you what - sounds like your daughters' friend fits the description of a "hero." During an emergency, most people will run away from it, while others are running TO it. I'd put her in that category. Her, & all the others in the medical field like her are true heroes. They sacrifice their own well being to help others.

I believe my family had this back in Feb., & I'm talking & hearing about other people I know who it sounds like they have also had it. My youngest daughter got it a week before me - woke up with a moderate fever & that was intermittent for about 3 days, had the dry cough, sore all over, & just generally feeling BAD. Then she started feeling better. I was next & I got hit the hardest - I was on a business trip for 4 days during the beginning of it too. I was feeling really bad for about 9 days: moderate fevers for 7 days, relentless headache, dry cough, trouble getting oxygen at night, so sore all over I could hardly sleep at night, loss of taste for about 5 days, my left eyeball was hurting, but I did not get pink eye - it hurt like someone smacked me in the eye, dizzy, vision was bad, sore neck & headache - I felt a little like I had meningitis (I had a bout with viral meningitis back in 1979), slightly sore throat & ears, and my lungs hurt - they felt strange like I knew something unusual was going on inside of them, but they were not loading-up with junk - they felt clear. The weird lung feeling was with me for a good 7 weeks or so - they finally feel good now. My other daughter & wife had their 'versions' of this after I was feeling better. My wife felt kind of crappy for a day, then felt fine except for a really bad dry cough & she lost her voice for 3 days. Her cough plagued her for about a month, then generally subsided.

Now my co-worker I believe got this back in mid-January - he's from California. His only symptoms were a terrible dry cough that lasted a good 10 weeks, plus he lost his voice for a solid month. This Corona deal hits everybody a little differently from what I can surmise. Anyway, getting it is certainly NOT a death sentence, but it is a bit nasty & certainly has some strange symptoms!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified