In 1972 my wife graduated nursing school and got her first job as a RN at a VA hospital. 42 years later she wound up in Sloan Memorial hospital in NYC a patient herself. Its going on eleven years now and the nurses are nothing. short of terrific. One nurse however I wont ever forget.... During one of her several surgeries she was having trouble urinating. My wife can handle pain but this pain was taking hold her fast and getting worse. She started to get in a panic which made me get. in a panic. I ran into the hall looking for help instead of hitting the call button. The first person I ran into was this guy. He was built like a athlete, maybe six two. He saw how upset I was and even though my wife wasn't his patient he came into the room, saw the problem, called for urinary cat.
He asked me to step out of the room and he did what he was trained to do. My wife was now out of pain and shortly afterwards fell asleep. I was a wreck from the entire week, exhausted and upset. As I left to go home, walking down the hall I ran into this RN. I started talking to him and I broke down, I just couldn't hold it in anymore seeing her so sick. This guy put his arm around my shoulder and told me my wife would be ok and he promised to check in on her during the night even though she wasn't his patient.
Thats what these people do, they care for us and our loved ones. They give us comfort and hope. Now today we can't pay them enough money to take care of people with COVID-19.
I had this thought that after 9-11 which I saw up close, my city would get a pass with this crisis but I was wrong, were getting hit hard. The people that work in theses hospitals not just here but all through America deserve all our praise and gratitude.
God Bless this young lady who is the subject of this post, Bless her loved ones and I wish her Gods will for a speedy recovery

Last edited by Kippy; 04/28/20 11:28 PM.