I dont think we will fully return to normal until a vaccine is in place and we have a dedicated drug to cure this virus. Until then many people will avoid crowds and wear masks. Its not all panic as some make it out to be. Unless you have been unfortunate enough to have contacted this virus and were hospitalized or have loved ones in that situation my thought is your way over the line in downplaying what we are going through.
Some of us are lucky we live in a part of the country with little exposure to this virus, some of us are not and living in the confines of NYC, I can assure any and all its no joke.
I won't be going to Carlisle this year if its still on. I wont be walking the boardwalk down the Jersey shore this summer either. If I got sick and passed it to my wife there would be a good chance she wouldn't survive, I couldn't deal with passing it to her.
I hope things open soon and those of you who got laid off or had to shut their business's, I hope you all start working soon.
Please take care of yourself and your families. Better days are coming and like everything else this will pass.