Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Agreed, and in a small business, they will have the final say. In a medium or large-sized company, the workers are going to have a lot more leverage, because working from home was already an increasing trend, and this is going to accelerate it. If a company was allowing it before, but certain managers within were not, those managers are no longer going to have any good reason to be the outliers/holdouts. We're already seeing it here, and it's actually quite funny to watch the panicked realization sink in with those folks.

The gamer generation is using the xbox technology to leverage what's always been there. That was always the axe to the head moment as a integrator. Listen pal, you can plug in to all of this and move it, why do care where it is. Install solar and lets go. Another board was showing a liveish measurement of something corona and demonstrated it working. It's the same grid and tools and always has been. My girl is of this generation and this plague has forced her to leverage her technology to put tablets in the hands of school children instead of win virtual jelley beans.

Let me try this as practical application: your plaque mileage may vary. walk down an aisle in a store and notice how stocked it is with whatever and I'll pick corn flakes because I spent 5 years moving them and understand the model. If I had been running IT instead of a fork lift, I'd be able to stand in front of that widget in that store and tell you where every case of it in the country is. Corn flakes plus 10 brands in 100 warehouses, production points, 1000 customers at 100 trucks per w/h per day. If you're work tablet can show you every corn flake in the country because you're a kellogg employee, what can in tell you about 1000 companies doing the same thing with their widgets or infections.

I think that will be the post 911 add of c19: 911 brought us lots of focus on who people where and what bombs they might be carrying. c19 will bring lots of focus on what they're health is. Can you be poked and tested for 19 things when you get herded down the take your belt off chute? Why not and why not plug it in to the back bone. If they already know I'm in Jamaica for 2 wks (a/l), give me my shots going out and know what to expect coming back. Post 911 security did bring infrastructure and data and I say leverage it with heath integration.

Superman PJs? Why not? When this started my niece posted about her child running naked toward a teleconfernce, I replied give it a couple weeks and you'll be the naked one. Didn't follow with that I was before the tele fiber was there. I've got a few good kodak moments. This just close yer doors thing has forced it in great numbers to maybe swing it. Dr's are doing tele med they should have been for a decade. Moving masks, beds, shots around is easy. It's knowing where and when that gets expensive.

While I wander around my lawn.