MY take, there are many other life lessons applicable here IMO. For example there is one way to avoid STD's with fairly high certainty, avoid that activity, similarly, there is one way with high certainty to avoid COVID, don't leave your house. Obviously that's rather impractical for most, however I do believe the less one has exposure to other humans (don't know yet about pets, mosquitoes, etc yet) the less chance of becoming infected.

So the choice is pretty obvious to me, reduce your exposure to the level you feel is an acceptable risk, and screw anybody that feels you are over reacting, etc.

You can forgive them at their funeral.

I weeks ago boosted my normal medical, water, can foods, non perishables, household supplies for an approx 4 month run, if I ever decided to bunker down.
I expect to live longer then 4 months with or w/o COVID anyway.

Figured it was easier to stock up before any run started, I've been thru too many hurricane panics to try and avoid that stupid scenario.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.