I retired in 2016 from GTE/Verizon/Frontier telephone company. All told I worked as Telephone Install and repair for 48 years.

As a telephone installer/repair tech we are ghosts when it comes to being allowed access to homes and business's. I have been allowed to go into that Adult Care center where this man died in Kirkland WA so many times. Not once did they log me in when I went in to work on an elderly customers ADSL or phone line.

My office that I reported to and picked up my work was in Kirkland WA. But many days my first job was to do a Fios TV and internet install in 'Mill Creek' area of Bothell WA. This is where that teenager was that just got sick this week. My next install could have been back in the Kirkland area. So I would be all over the map on a single day.

Many times I was out at a customers home working on a telephone trouble. The noise issue, static on the line, was inside the house and I would be going in every room to take the phone jacks apart trying to find the one causing the trouble. At about 20 minuets of being in the house, the lady would say "I am so glad you could come out on short notice. I need my phone line fixed as I am home with the flu and can not go out". What the heck??? Thanks lady for infecting me.
Now... I have three more jobs to do before the end of day. My next job could be in that Adult Care Center.....

So many times fellow workers would come to work sick. We had sick days but if you took more than 2% days sick in a year you would get a letter of concern. You had to file FMLA paper work to protect your job. A standard work year is 261 days. So 2% of that is 5.22 days. If you were sick 6 days in the calendar year you were under the heel of your boss.

And on another part of this Virus. A USPS postal worker in our major Postal Sorting center in the Seattle WA area has come up positive for Covad-19. This is where all the packages from China are sorted before being sent out to the city post offices.

The news just said there are 6 cases of Covad-19 victims in my King County WA alone. Those 6 plus the two in Snohomish County makes 8. ????

We are "GROUND ZREO" here in Washington State.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)