Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Nope, not doing it and my license expires in April. I have a passport, still can't get me into Canada anymore so I don't plan on going out of the country anymore anyway. If my passport can't get me someplace I simply ain't going... tsk The only way I will get it is if everyone must have an ID to vote in an election, and that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon...

Then I guess you won't be driving any more either. It's not an option.

I don't know where you get your information but it is indeed and option. I will drive with a license or not, I will own other things with a license or not. Nothing is mandatory except death...

You can try the link in the OP for info. All states are doing it differently but when you have to renew your license it will be a real ID or an enhanced license. It is a federal statute that requires the states to meet standards to issue a drivers license or state ID card. You can still use a passport now to travel but in order for the state to be in compliance they will have to issue the real ID cards by October 2020 with few exceptions for non citizens. So I got $10 that says you will be getting a real ID license if you renew in April.
I don't know why you're worried about it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.