Originally Posted by 440Jim
One thought. When I lived in southern Maryland, 40 minutes from MIR, some regular racers lived in VA just over the border on US301.
King George VA, Dahlgren VA, etc. One guy was no farther from MIR then I was. But I lived in Lexington Park MD, which is out on the peninsula (Chesapeake Bay). Since there is no where to cross the Bay from there, everything is far away. You need to drive almost an hour to start a trip to Cecil, etc.
Should be much less expensive land in King George county VA. Do you need a job, retired, etc.?

There is a small 1/8 mile track in Colonial Beach, VA too. (see map)
And Virginia Motorsports Park (Dinwiddie, VA) is only about 2 hrs from Dahlgren.
Richmond dragway about the same. Summer Duck track etc.

"Welcome to The Old Dominion!"

Yes, I do live in Virginia. wave

Anybody remember that -- or even raced at it when -- Colonial Beach was once a 1/4-mile track? grin (See pic of my old '69 Super Bee below, circa 1980)

I think they got the hint that maybe they weren't really safe at a full 1320 when John Paris (whose house & shop & I used to rent about 25 years ago) ran his Alcohol Funny Car right off the end of the shutdown area when his chutes didn't deploy. eek

Sorry for hijacking the thread... just an interesting little tangent after the Colonial Beach reference. whistling

BH Super Bee.jpg