Originally Posted by PLUM_72
If you care to read the long post, thanks...I had to vent a little about my car.
I have had a 72 Challenger for many years now. Its was restored back in the early 90's somewhat stock with several custom touches here and there. The last 5 to 10 years the car has taken a backseat to life, kids activities and other interests. The car always comes out a few times each year, not nearly enough though.
Anyway, through a series of events, I had the car running and drove it last night and today. While there is that old car cool factor, the ride quality and overall experience is lacking. There is this hard, rough and tumble nature of it. I cant put my finger on what it is exactly. My 1980 Buick Regal drove better than this thing ever has. While I don't expect the 72 to be like my 2013 Challenger, I do wonder if something is wrong with the car, or if my age and expectations of the car have changed.
While I would never sell the car, its been a big part of my life, it needs something. Just not sure where to go as the car starts okay, drives and brakes straight. Its not like I can point to one thing that would improve the experience.
Any body else feel this way?

Thanks!

It's called VISCERAL. I love the raw, unrefined feel & sound & smell of an old musclecar. Newer cars don't have it. My 2016 Scat Pack shaker Challenger doesn't have it. I prefer the old. My "new" Challenger just doesn't excite me that much, plus there are SO MANY of them on the roads around here, they are nothing out of the ordinary.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified