I agree with you Andy. My issue is somewhere in the induction system. I'm just saying a 470 is a more efficient running engine than a 511 at rpm imo. Here's some bad ass short stroke motors from the factory. The 340 was a bad ass, 3.4 stroke and 4" bore, 426 hemi with a 3.75 stroke and large bore, 440 with 3.75 stroke and large bore, the 327 chevy with 3" stroke and 4" bore, the 396 chevy with 3.75 stroke and large bore, the 427 chevy with 3.75 stroke and large bore just to list a few. The big 3 built short stroke large bore motors for a reason. The 470 mopar is just a better designed motor to hit you goals easier with less money imo. They don't need big expensive heads and big headers etc to get there. I have not seen a 511/512 build up that really impressed me. I have seen several 470's that were quite impressive. I could be way off base here, but someone show me an impressive 511/512 build that was built with rpm heads or something similar and made big power, 750+ horse power. From what I have seen 511/512 builds make about the same as a 470, so why piss with all the bound up friction and parasitic losses when you could build a 470 and have a more free running engine that's less likely to throw a rod or break your block? They rev quicker and accelerate faster"per Rerer and Morrison" than a longer stroke motor. A 470 is still in my future.