The KB 162 has it's appropriate place in the market even if it's not in a high performance application. Not everybody runs all-out and heads-up.

As for the cost of American made product and the cost of the American standard of living; being accustomed to a higher standard of living is a good thing and should be rightfully defended, and we should hope others can enjoy the rewards of Liberty, Freedom, and the inalienable rights that have secured our standard of living.

I am fully aware of the sacrifices that have ensured my rights and liberties that have enabled Americans, and so many others, to take advantage of the secured opportunities that have allowed for a higher standard of living.

I also understand that seeking an unrealistic value for an American made product results in a lower standard of living, not just for those manufacturing the product, but for all Americans, with the end result being the end of American manufacturing.

If an American made con-rod under $500 is a pipe dream then so be it. I'm alright with that. I will gladly pay more to ensure my continued standard of living and that of the American employees that make the products I purchase, it just means I won't buy it tomorrow. I will need to save before the purchase but I will still insist on American made first before cost, for the VALUE that comes from helping to ensure my family, and others, a higher standard of living is greater than the savings that may be made from buying from a government that disreguards civil rights, human rights, liberty, freedom, and democracy.

I fully believe buying product from a Communist controlled country undermines all that has been sacrificed in the last 233 years! And I can give a rats [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] if anybody thinks otherwise!

So, if Howards makes 383 rod, in the USA, I will buy it.

Last edited by Moparteacher; 03/29/09 08:00 PM.