The engine has been running, likely more than an hour, and several miles driving.
Not my car, but I built the engine and the owner said smoke was coming out of the valve covers?
Pulled the valve covers and the rockers and pushrods all look good. I was thinking if it was a oiling problem, the pushrods would show signs of heat discoloration like I have seem before.
Pulled the rocker hold-down stud that get the oil from #4 cam bearing, and while spinning the oil pump with priming rod and cranking engine over with the starter, oil did shoot out of the rocker stand.
Repeated with stud in place (hold down off) and could see oil oozing out. It just seemed like less oil than I noticed on my other builds that have the traditional oiling setup.
Just wondering if the oiling holes in the trick flow heads are smaller.
The heads are bolted down with the recommended ARP bolts (screws), and not studs. I mention that because these Trick flow heads oil more like a small block where the oil travels up the bolt hole, and when using studs you are supposed to enlarge the bolt hole in the head for more clearance.
Anyhow, all the parts are the ones Trick Flow recommends.