How does “learning to drive” play into the rear gear breaking causing the event? Both situations I was present for were seasoned racers. Proper burnout, move to the line, bring up the rpm, green/go/BOOM!! in both of these situations they were foot brake cars so the preload was there. One a high 9 car, the other a 10 sec deal with NOS that wasn’t even used that day. Both 8.75

There is something your stock drum can do that a billet or aluminum can’t. In the event of mayhem you’ll have the chance to see smile

I ran a lightened cross drilled stock drum in the Mirada for many years. I broke a set of gears (8.75 of course) and threw another set in. I was lucky.... to be honest back in the day I didn’t have a clue. Chuck Lofgren was at the track the day my friend blew the floor out of his Challenger. He stopped by and took a look and educated us, matter of fact he pretty much assured us that the gear was broken even though it pushed back and towed back to the pits ok. He was spot on. I still say upgrade that 727 front drum. Cheap insurance. Think of all the bad things that “could” happen that are eliminated by this upgrade.